Occupational Therapists work to develop functional skills needed for independence with play, self-care, learning and academic success, motor skill development and socialization in the home, school and community. Some of these skills include:
- Fine Motor Coordination and Visual Motor Skill Development
- Sensory Integration and Motor Planning
- Auditory and Visual Processing
- Trunk, Upper-body and Hand Muscle Strengthening
- Cognitive Development & Re-education (Abstract Reasoning, Executive Functions, etc.)
- Problem-solving & Critical Thinking
- Organizational Skills & Strategies
- Reading Comprehension & Expressive Writing Skills
- Self-care Activities (Feeding, Dressing Skills, etc.)
7100 W. Camino Real - Suite 201 Boca Raton, FL 33433
phone & fax 561-859-2100
Therapy Spot Inc.
Ask questions or reserve a screen time.
Help with fine-motor coordination
Does my child have an "occupation"?
What is OT?
Your child's occupation, right now, is being a successful student, family member, & friend.
Occupational Therapy (OT) helps people enhance the skills they need to successfully and independently thrive in their areas of "occupation."