At Therapy SPOT Inc. we specialize in treating the whole child in a positive therapeutic environment.
We are a pediatric private practice dedicated to providing comprehensive, quality, individualized and ethical occupational and speech therapy services. Our staff is sensitive and skilled in identifying, evaluating and treating your child's individual needs. We believe that every child and family unit is unique and special in it's own way.
Our services are conducted within the privacy of our professional and child-friendly clinical site in Boca Raton, or, when more convenient, your child's school program setting.
Our director, and experienced occupational and developmental therapist, Dr. Monica Weller, OTD, works on-site with two of the top private schools in the area, and she works with and/or has relationships with the others. She does on-site visits and consultation services in many private, public, and religious schools and pre-schools in Broward and Palm Beach County.
In addition to services and consultation, we provide you with understanding and resources to make informed decisions on educational needs and in-home practices.
Who benefits from OT and ST services?
Generally, people come to Therapy SPOT when they have questions and concerns regarding one of the following:
- Articulation errors & language delays
- Concerns about sensory processing (loud noises, tolerating textures, limited diet, overactive, etc.)
- Tantrums, anxiety, & rigidity
- Trouble making friends and getting along with peers
- Trouble attending or focusing in school
In particular, we provide individualized treatment to children with special needs from birth through adolescence. The following diagnosis or problem areas are targeted at Therapy SPOT Inc.:
- Anxiety, OCD, and Cognitive/Behavioral Issues
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD & ADD), Learning Disabilities (LD), Auditory and Visual Processing Disorders, Sensory Integration Dysfunction and other related disorders.
- Autism, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), Asperger's Syndrome, Social Communication Disorder, and other related diagnoses.
- Executive Function Disorders
- Dyspraxia, Apraxia, Coordination Disorders and fine motor coordination difficulties that may interfere with a child's motor functioning.
- Speech, Language and Communication Delays.
- TBI & Cognitive Reeducation
We also service children who need skill refinement to improve their overall success and academic performance.